TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT
San Francisco, St. Louis, London, United States
Jan 1995 – Dec 2009
Marketing Manager, IT Consultant
Managed a wide range of projects in several industries. Provided leadership to corporate staff and consulting teams. Managed and supported product development initiatives to sales, delivery and support. Created marketing/PR campaigns, promotional materials, website content, communication plans. Established tracking and measurement tools. Performed market analyses. Secured, managed, and worked on key accounts, including:
Anheuser-Busch Awarded for leadership for $10M savings through worldwide Management Systems Group project.
MasterCard Worldwide Coordinated Internal Systems Development Group projects and software systems.
Cernium Filled urgent requirements for revolutionary video surveillance software system (industries, airports).
Convergys Led consulting team for development and rollout of leading Internet software products.
bioMérieux Managed FDA-regulated translation & fulfillment for Biotechnology Product Documentation, Labeling.
Express Scripts Organized team and processes for implementation of $1M online Knowledge Management System.
Bausch & Lomb Designed Storz Instruments’ transitional marketing campaigns and standardization.
BJC HealthCare Coordinated creative services and graphics team for standards and brochure development.
Maverick Technologies Wrote Tate and Lyle control narratives and process procedures used worldwide.
Jan 1992 – Feb 2010
COMMUNICATIONS CHAIR, LEAD FACULTY
Online, non-traditional higher education marketer and facilitator. Expertise in online marketing, affiliate marketing, education, E-learning, online help systems, and web training.
- Contributed to day-one Western International University / Axia College inception in 2004 through incredible $1.3B growth to the #2 Associates market position in 2008, behind Miami Dade College. Up to 150 direct reports.
- Led marketing efforts at University of Phoenix St. Louis to become #3 performing campus with record growth. Recruited/managed/developed 40 business communications faculty direct reports.
Experience includes University of Phoenix, Axia College, Western International University, Fontbonne University, St. Louis Community College, Lewis and Clark College, Jefferson College, Southwestern Illinois College, Kaskaskia College, and Southern Illinois University.
MO, United States
Dec 2005 – Mar 2009
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Managed strategic global communications and marketing strategy, market support team, media, & partnerships. Designed integrated marketing initiatives to penetrate and grow targeted markets.
- Developed phenomenal E-Marketing strategy, leading to ~30% sales growth each year.
- Propelled web visitors from 1,000 to 54,000/month; improved ranking from 2.2M to 212K.
- Grew PR/Media buzz from 0 to 125 articles/month, 130,000 media outlets.
- Penetrated new markets and built partnerships via travel/ presentations at 2006-8 Emerson Global Users Exchange and Schneider Initiatives worldwide, including North America, Australia, Europe, and the Middle East.
- Successfully implemented corporate communications and marketing plan with marketing collateral, online help, technical documentation, training, video, podcasts, blogs, and other new media.
San Francisco, CA, United States
Jul 1999 – Aug 2001
Marketing and Communications Manager
Brought mobile and wireless industry leaders together to advance enterprise computing. Market sectors included power, water, utilities, education, financial, and healthcare. Conducted website promotions, events, and integrated marketing programs. Developed creative marketing collateral and public relations campaigns.
- Developed and administered MobileVillage.com website and Mobile University.
- Organized and moderated the Mobile and PDA Expos vertical market forums (both tradeshows and online virtual events) in Chicago, San Francisco, St. Louis, and New York. Great turnout (2000+), success, and profitability. Led to major technological innovations and advances.
- Developed educational & promotional content; fostered expert speakers, exhibitors, early adopter case studies.
MobileVillage is an international market and solutions development company dedicated to advancing mobile and wireless enterprise computing in various vertical markets. Work includes news services, live and web-based conferences, event content services, forums, consulting, and partnerships.