Accomplished leader in agile transformations, product development and management, strategic marketing, public relations, Internet, new media, and creative communications. Key driver in growth & project completion. Able to build and manage strategic teams. Skilled communicator at all levels. Experienced from design to sales and support.
Industry experience in Internet, IT, Software and Hardware Systems, Consumer Products, Automation, Utilities, Biotechnology, Mobile & Wireless Computing, and Education. Grew up in Silicon Valley, part of Apple Computer International Marketing family. Graduated from Pepperdine. Earned Master’s degree. Specific skills include:
- Agile Transformation Leader
- Agile Coach
- Strategic Market Planning & PR
- Business Development, New Market Penetration
- Marketing Collateral Development
- Market Research & Analysis
- Strategic Communications Plans
- Training, Presentations, Trade Shows
- Web Development & Management
- Team Building & Management
- Direct Marketing Programs
- Technology Pioneering
- Technical Documentation
- IT Consulting and Project Management
Proven Project Results
Agile and Scrum
Agile Transformations – Led agile transformations in record short times, under 2 months for major organizations.
Agile Coaching – Led teams from 0 and 1 level maturity to 4 and 5 level maturity in short order.
Agile Programs – Developed enterprise agile playbooks and roadmaps.
Business Process Re-engineering – Solved major business process problems, saving the companies millions in waste.
Sales and Marketing
Sales Force Creation – Trained existing sales force, created virtual and online sales avenues.
Market Development – Established new sales and market channels for NA, EU, and AUS.
Technology Pioneering – Collaborated with industry leaders and entrepreneurs.
Increased Sales – Eliminated redundancy, brought in real returns, created new opportunities.
Cost Savings – Reduced marketing, development, ad, and sales force costs tenfold.
Website and E-Marketing
Online Lead and Sales Generation – Created urgent calls to action/generated qualified leads.
Site Ranking – Improved website rankings 700-1000%. Increased page views exponentially.
Great PR/Sales Rep – Demonstrated technical sales and PR expertise, both B2B and B2C.
Media Relations Insider – Saved $10-125K with media partnerships for advertising, articles, PR.
Savvy Negotiator – Consistently negotiated 30-40% off standard vendor pricing.
Creative Solutions – Provided creative, game-changing business ideas, solutions.
Usability/Single-Sourcing – Achieved $200K savings by online conversion, eliminating duplication.
Technology and Communications Consultant
Managed a wide range of projects in several industries. Provided leadership to corporate staff and consulting teams. Managed and supported product development initiatives to sales, delivery and support. Created marketing/PR campaigns, promotional materials, website content, communication plans. Established tracking and measurement tools. Performed market analyses. Secured, managed, and worked on key accounts, including:
Anheuser-Busch Awarded for leadership for $10M savings through worldwide Management Systems Group project.
MasterCard Worldwide Coordinated Internal Systems Development Group projects and software systems.
Cernium Filled urgent requirements for revolutionary video surveillance software system (industries, airports).
Convergys Led consulting team for development and rollout of leading Internet software products.
bioMérieux Managed FDA-regulated translation & fulfillment for Biotechnology Product Documentation, Labeling.
Express Scripts Organized team and processes for implementation of $1M online Knowledge Management System.
Bausch & Lomb Designed Storz Instruments’ transitional marketing campaigns and standardization.
BJC HealthCare Coordinated creative services and graphics team for standards and brochure development.
Maverick Technologies Wrote Tate and Lyle control narratives and process procedures used worldwide.
Communications Chair, Lead Faculty
Online, non-traditional higher education marketer and facilitator. Expertise in online marketing, affiliate marketing, education, E-learning, online help systems, and web training.
- Contributed to day-one Western International University / Axia College inception in 2004 through incredible $1.3B growth to the #2 Associates market position in 2008, behind Miami Dade College. Up to 150 direct reports.
- Led marketing efforts at University of Phoenix St. Louis to become #3 performing campus with record growth. Recruited/managed/developed 40 business communications faculty direct reports.
Experience includes University of Phoenix, Axia College, Western International University, Fontbonne University, St. Louis Community College, Lewis and Clark College, Jefferson College, Southwestern Illinois College, Kaskaskia College, and Southern Illinois University.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Managed strategic global communications and marketing strategy, market support team, media, & partnerships. Designed integrated marketing initiatives to penetrate and grow targeted markets.
- Developed phenomenal E-Marketing strategy, leading to ~30% sales growth each year.
- Propelled web visitors from 1,000 to 54,000/month; improved ranking from 2.2M to 212K.
- Grew PR/Media buzz from 0 to 125 articles/month, 130,000 media outlets.
- Penetrated new markets and built partnerships via travel/ presentations at 2006-8 Emerson Global Users Exchange and Schneider Initiatives worldwide, including North America, Australia, Europe, and the Middle East.
- Successfully implemented corporate communications and marketing plan with marketing collateral, online help, technical documentation, training, video, podcasts, blogs, and other new media.
Brought mobile and wireless industry leaders together to advance enterprise computing. Market sectors included power, water, utilities, education, financial, and healthcare. Conducted website promotions, events, and integrated marketing programs. Developed creative marketing collateral and public relations campaigns.
- Organized and moderated the Mobile and PDA Expos vertical market forums (both tradeshows and online virtual events) in Chicago, San Francisco, St. Louis, and New York. Great turnout (2000+), success, and profitability. Led to major technological innovations and advances.
- Developed educational & promotional content; fostered expert speakers, exhibitors, early adopter case studies.
MobileVillage is an international market and solutions development company dedicated to advancing mobile and wireless enterprise computing in various vertical markets. Work includes news services, live and web-based conferences, event content services, forums, consulting, and partnerships.
“American BeheMouth” is a timely literary work that depicts American moral equivalencies and excesses. For fishermen, baseball fans, book lovers, sports enthusiasts, and economists alike, the novella is highly entertaining and insightful.
Full of true fisheries science and sports history, “American BeheMouth” tells the greatest bass fishing story of all time while giving an insight into what America has become. A literature student and his fisheries biologist girlfriend raise the world-record bigmouth bass in a Kentucky lake.
The book is much more than a fishing story; it is a metaphor for many other things: life, family, sacrifice, commitment, and dreams. In addition, it raises ethical questions about modern American sports, American businesses and consumerism, and our quest for the elusive. “American BeheMouth” is a metaphor for many things that are wrong in American culture, including the relentless pursuit for more, mirroring and predicting the many bubbles in the American economy.
In the big picture, the author may be asking all the existential questions while writing about fishing. In all, everyone can glean something from the story with humor and inquisitiveness.
Ranked 50th in Nation by U.S. News and World Report Best Universities
Activities and Societies: Calendar Editor / Reporter / Writer for The Graphic 1988-9, 1990-91
Year in Florence, Italy 1989-90
Attended University in Paris, France, Summer 1991
Managed events, marketing, and PR for Division of Continuing Education 1992-3.
Information Mapping Knowledge Solutions
Coursework included “Developing Procedures, Policies, and Documentation”